November 17th, 2016 •
Though the cooler temperatures are here to stay, it's never too early to start planning your spring backyard makeover. Pergolas are a simple backyard addition that’s filled with so much potential. Here are a few ways that you can dress up your pergola to transform your backyard.
- To give your pergola a more intimate and private feel, plant Wisteria or another leafy vine to create a natural covering. This canopy will offer a shady spot in your backyard, but will also be a beautiful focal point of your landscape.
- If you’re looking to utilize your pergola as an outdoor dining area, simply move your outdoor table and chairs off of your patio and under the pergola. If you're feeling extra fancy, you can move your grill underneath the pergola as well to create an outdoor kitchen feel.
- Wrapping twinkle lights around the beams of your pergola can create a dreamy atmosphere. Snag some Christmas lights while they're on sale and dress your pergola up.
- Create a cozy living area by adding a fire pit and outdoor chairs. The pergola will soon feel like a second living room.
- Are you a reader or a nature-inspired worker? Design an outdoor reading nook or work space by adding a couple of comfortable chairs and tables. Enjoy the fresh air and the serenity of your yard while doing what you love!
- One way to make your above-ground hot tub look nicer is to install a pergola over it. By adding the pergola over the tub, you are creating a cozy, comfortable atmosphere for your guests.
Decorating a pergola can look different for each person because they are versatile pieces. They can become formal living or dining spaces or they can serve as a second gardening space. How will you use your pergola this spring? We would love to hear your ideas!
November 7th, 2016 •
Using a storage unit can help tremendously whether you're downsizing your home or just trying to declutter - helping you keep all of the "stuff" that you want to keep, but might not need on a regular basis. There are two options that home and business owners should consider when looking for additional space - a self-storage unit and a portable storage unit.
Portable Storage Unit
The first option for extra storage is to purchase a portable storage unit. Units are delivered to the customer's property and typically the customer packs their belongings at their convenience. While monthly payment plans are available, portable storage units are usually paid for in one sitting, rather than being leased.
An advantage to purchasing a portable unit, like one from Quality Buildings, is that the unit is on your property and provides easy access to your belongings, regardless of the time or occasion. By keeping your unit on your property, you can ensure the safety and security of your belongings. Whereas you might be unsure if you opt for leasing space at a facility. Purchasing a unit allows you to not be pressured to retrieve your belongings by a certain date or risk paying more.
Portable storage units have more uses than just holding your stuff. Check out other ways to use a portable storage unit here: 5 Tips for Portable Storage Building Organization.
Another option would be to lease a self-storage unit from a storage facility for as long as you needed it. Customers that lease a unit typically pay by the month and physically transport their belongings to the storage units, or hire someone to move their belongings for them.
Something to consider when researching unit facilities is making sure to take note of operation hours. Some properties have 24/7 access with the appropriate key, but some have limited hours. If you will need to access your belongings frequently, this can play a major role in determining whether you choose a portable unit or a self-storage facility.
Self-storage is ideal for customers that need a place to store extra belongings that they do not plan to access frequently, or will not need for an extended period of time.
Which storage unit best fits your needs? If you are looking for a portable storage unit, give us a call today and we will help you look for the one that is perfect for your property.